Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 10

First day of school! Woke up early, had some prayer time with the team and waited for the kids to show up. Betsy left the school at 5am to go get the girls from the mountains. She stopped for breakfast on the way there but when she got back in her car it wouldn't start! After hours of looking for a mechanic she finally found one and he fixed the car. So she continued on the horribly long drive. when she finally got there, the girls were not at their house. Their parents were there and they said that the school bus came earlier and made them go to school with them. Bad. So tomorrow at like noon Betsy and I are driving back out there to try and figure out what is going on and if we will be aloud to teach the girls so please pray for that. So during school today I was talking to Leo about doing a back-flip and I told him that since he could do one into a pool off of the side that he would be able to do one on the ground. So without hesitation he says that he wanted to try it so we got a soft mat and he landed it on the first try! He has no fear. Other than the three mountain girls everything went very well today. Also I got to meet all the students that I've been reading about online. Saul and Gabi are my favorite of the younger kids... I probably shouldn't have favorites. Anyway that was my day in Puerto Rico, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. We will pray for all to work out with the girls. Don't worry-- your favorites secret is safe with us! Take care, KNBJ

    ReplyDelete