Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thanks

I’m so thankful to those who have taken time out of there days to pray for me and the Evangelical School for the Deaf in Puerto Rico these past five months. I am also thankful for everyone who contributed to this trip financially. It is people like you that make the Lord’s work possible. It is such a blessing to have people in my life that love the Lord the way that you do. What an inspiration that is, thank you.

 I’ve had so many great experiences these past five months in Puerto Rico. There is such a huge need at this school for Christian men. So many of the kids don’t have fathers in their lives and the need is great for a positive male role model who loves and follows the Lord. During my time at the Evangelical School for the Deaf I did just about everything. Fixing lawn mowers, cutting grass, chain sawing trees, servicing cars, substitute teaching, power washing, planting trees, leading chapel, building tire swings and rope courses, leading a boy’s devotional every day. It really felt great to be needed. God is doing amazing things at this school and for a short time I got to be a part of it. Believe me when I say that there is no greater blessing than to be daily used by God.

Thank you so much for making this trip possible and for your prayers. God has showed me so many things on this trip and I have really been given a heart for the deaf community. Only 4% of hearing parent with deaf children in America ever learn Sign Language. Imagine growing up without ever talking to your parents, and knowing that it’s because they don’t care enough to learn your language. This is a reality for so many deaf children growing up all around the world. I feel that God is calling me to be more involved in the deaf world, and I hope that you will continue to pray for me as I am shown what that might look like.

3 comments: