Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 9

Today I woke up (good start) and went to church. Then we eat Mexican food, which I guess is different than Puerto Rican food, I don't really see the difference. After lunch Betsy had an important meeting about two of the girls that will be dorming with us this year. During the meeting I took the gigantic 14 person van, loaded it with people and went to the beach. The water is still a little dirty from our last storm, we had fun though. Me and Leo spent a lot of our beach time trying to teach a couple of volunteers how to finger spell and sign a few basic signs. At the beach Leo told me that his Dad is going somewhere to work for a week and that he is going to be staying at the school. I told him that we wouldn't make him work, I lied. When we got back from the beach we spent some time with the two deaf girls that arrived today, the younger one is actually fairly well behaved and likes to sign. But the older on the other hand kicked me in the shin to get my attention, I think a tap on the arm is sufficient. Although the younger one did lick a marker... non-toxic I checked. Later I showed the girls the toad, they screamed and ran. Don't worry the toad was surprisingly understanding... I checked. Still no sign of the infamous hole people. But don't worry I'll catch them. Good Night Never Land.   

9 comments:

  1. Dude, I really love your writing. Keep it coming! Also, what's your Skype username?

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry we lost the connection last night on Skype but we will try again soon. Maybe we can get Google+ and get you and Tara and Melissa all connected at one time. I think we are toying with the laws of Physics though and could set the contenants on fire. Maybe a risk I am willing to take.

    Keep Signing

    Rick Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it is going great! We are loving reading your blog! Praying for you!

    Nate & Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could publish this stuff! Love hearing your stories! Knbj

    ReplyDelete
  5. All theese years and I never realized you were such a good writer! We miss you and love you! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks dad.
    Dan-
    My skype ID is chris.Tingley7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, why so much positive feedback? This post is boring, if you loved me you'd criticize me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the Hole People are nocturnal. Maybe you need a deer spotting light to wake Leo AND to spot the Hole Diggers. What if they are not people?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I assumed they were nocturnal and a spot light would probably be really helpful. Both for the hole "people" and for Leo. If there not people what are they... no animal is smart enough to do this. Aliens? No Dan I'm not talking about you.

    ReplyDelete