Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 8

Captain's Log, Supplemental. Today I got to mow the lawns with the riding lawn mower, awesome(not sarcastic). I don't know why I get so much joy out of riding that thing but its pretty fun. The only problem is that there are very strategically placed holes in the grass that had to have been placed by some intelligent creature. I was told that cows come on occasion and they leave foot prints that fill with rain water and get bigger, but I know cows aren't doing this. It is way too easy to get stuck in those holes! For example, I was driving along and I see a hole up ahead so I move a little to avoid it. Well that sent me straight into two concealed and perfectly placed holes exactly the shape of my front tires! That doesn't just happen, and it gets worse! To free the gigantic riding lawn mower I had to pick up the back and swivel it around so one of the tires would come out of its hole, but right when it did there was another hole waiting for it right behind the first! Its a trap! A well thought out, strategic trap, that was set for me long ago by a tribe of hole people. I'm sure they're still active on the island, those holes seemed fresh. I might have a stakeout tonight to try and catch them digging their holes. Anyway, I played my first song on the cello. It hurt my ears so I stopped. We also have visitors at the school, they will be in for a week which will be very helpful considering its the first week of school!  Archer out.

2 comments:

  1. My dear Nephew, what a great adventure you're living! Good for you! It's good to be alive, isn't it? Especially when you're being of service! I look forward to the opportunity to live vicariously through your journey. Someday, I'll hope to join even. Believe it or not, I always did want to be a missionary...guess I'm trying to be in my own generally ineffective way...love and respect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Koann! So true. And Its never too late to go into missions! Just ask your brother!

    ReplyDelete