Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 89

Saul was sick today, which caused Betsy to be free, which led to us changing our plans today (that made sense to me). Instead of going to the rain forest we went snorkeling on Icacos, a really small island off the cost. It was so cool! The water was crystal clear, and full of fish. When we got back I learned that Jen caught a snake! And its bigger than mine! Its such a cool snake. So now we need to work on the living situation for our snakes. Things got crazy tonight! Warning: The remainder of this entry contains graphic violence towards small animals. Only proceed if you feel you can handle this type of material. You're reading on, good choice. I walked into my room tonight at like 9pm and I saw a rat run under my bed. So I closed the door behind me. The fight began there. I dropped to the floor to look under my bed and I saw the huge rat hiding in the corner. My suitcase was also under the bed and I thought it might fit in the corner pretty well so I kicked it at the rat attempting to jam him in between the wall and the suitcase but he ran out of the way just in time. He ran against the wall and passed behind a flexible laundry bag/basket that I keep plastic bags in. So I shoved it against the wall pinning the rat! All I could see was the rat's tail sticking out from behind the bag/basket, flopping in distress, so punched the bag/basket where the rat was again and again. When I was pretty sure all the damage I could do had been done I let the bag/basket off of the wall. The rat just darted away to the next corner of the room like nothing had happened to it. I guess the bag/basket provided enough cushion from the punching to keep it from being killed. To the best of my knowledge the rat was hiding behind the armoire the next corner over. So I put my head against the wall on the side he ran in, nothing. Then I checked the other side, nothing. The next thing he could hide behind was the couch so I slowly pulled one end of the couch away from the wall and peered in behind it. The rat was there, hiding at the other end of the couch, trapped. I slowly walked to the other side of the couch with I small grin on my face. I turned away from the couch and rested my foot on the end of the first cushion behind me. With one strong kick backwards the couch slid against the wall crushing the giant rat before he even had a chance to squeak his last squeak. Finished. "While I remain a pacifist, my view towards the occasional miss placed rat will always be that of the hunter, kill." -Me

2 comments: