Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 120

I drove six hours today.  I think it was for a good cause though. Today is the last full day of vacation. We decided to spend it snorkeling. There's still tomorrow, but I'd rather go to church than snorkel. Today we ended up on a very small island that is a long swim or a fifteen second boat ride off the shore. The whole island was covered in mangroves, and the water was full of barracuda. About an hour into this I was swimming and not looking forward. I came within about a foot and a half of a barracuda before stopping eye to eye with it. I was really surprised that it just held it's ground. So I pushed some water at it to get it to swim away but it didn't budge. Just sat there, eyeing me. So I backed away slowly. And it swam towards me at the same speed. It continued this way for about a meter then it stopped and  I sped up. Then I turned away the whole time never breaking eye contact. I felt the moment I did I would lose a toe. Needles to say I still have all my fingers and toes. So overall it was a successful venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment