Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 12

This morning I woke up. I went to the ocean's bottom. We went to a little island off of the coast of Las Croabas. After an afternoon of great snorkeling, it was great because I saw and followed a sting ray, I accepted my own challenge. Last time I was on this little island I vowed to swim 40 feet to the bottom of the ocean. Unfortunately my mother got sick in the tossing ocean so I didn't want her to be on a boat any longer than she had to. So today was the day to step up to the challenge I placed in front of myself not 8 months ago. So Mingo drove the boat out to what seemed like the middle of the ocean and stopped. I can't tell you how nervous I was. With all eyes watching and expectations high I exited the small boat into the open ocean. One quick glance down only helped to encourage my fear. The ocean seemed to have no end. I felt like I could swim forever and get nowhere. 40 feet is the average height of a four story building. Long story short, I did it. It seemed like an eternity to the surface. Mingo was very impressed and said that it was definitely deeper than 40 feet. Anyway I had a good day full of distractions. "We had mighty fine weather as a general thing, and nothing ever happened to us at all." -Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. You could have fooled all of us on the boat. You didn't look nervous. We were all so proud and in awe of you. And your handful of proof is something for you to treasure forever! Thanks for sharing the moment! \"/_ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's the DAY 13 entry? CHRIS!! WHERE R U NOW!?

    ReplyDelete