Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 7 Dia de los Padres

1/2 way)-: That might be the first and last emoticon you see me use in a blog. Enough said. Today is father's day so before I start; This. Dad, in this country there are a million and one inadequate fathers. I sat in church today as the pastor gave a disclaimer in the name of all fathers and how there's no way any of them could be perfect, well mine is. I'm so thankful that I had the start in life that I did. I like to take credit but I don't know where I would be if you didn't read all those 'how to be a good father books' that are all over the house and love us so much. Thanks Dad. I hope you know that you did good and we love you.
So, my day. I woke to the sound of thunder, at 3am. Then at 4, then 5, and then, well you get the idea. The last time I woke up(maybe ever, the way I live) there wasn't lightning. I just laid there, waiting. If you ignore it long enough it goes away. I'll let that be a lesson to me. Tomorrow we are off to Orocovis, I'm pretty excited. I haven't been very many times and it was fun the times that I did go. After the thunder this morning I put on jeans; worst thing that happened to me all week. It's too hot for long pants. I went to church and received a very warm welcome. Kevin came also and I got to interpret some for him while Betsy was at the piano. After church we of course went to the beach where of course I hurt Kevin. He started it but I'm an adult so I shouldn't have sat on his head. Either way he's living in the dorm for the next week so his revenge is close at hand I'm sure. You all(all 5 of you) should know I sit in front of this screen for 15min just trying to remember what I did today. I'm pretty sure I'm getting Alzheimer's so if I forget your name. Anyway good night, the 26th letter calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment