Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 13

I got to be in a few of the VBS dramas this morning, which was fun, but for some reason all of the roles that I played were Bad people. I was a thief who stole money, cooking supplies, and recipes. Then I played the prodigal son. I'm hoping this has nothing to do with how staff view me here. Or it could just be that I'm the only guy. These children are really tiring me out, I'm running around all day trying to communicate with small children in a language that I have trouble using with adults, but at the end of the day when the kids go home I'm still thinking about them and I'm excited for tomorrow. Today was another fun one. After VBS and lunch we went to the beach, and not the beach we normally go to, we went to the beach that Betsy so lovingly refers to as "the old lady beach" she calls it that for I'm guessing two reasons. One, there were old ladies there, and two there are no waves. This beach is in a cove type area so it is protected from the ocean. Surprisingly not that bad. The sand was very clean and so was the water. I got pared with Gabi so we hung out all day and had a lot off fun. We found two starfish that would slowly try to crawl off your hand. Gabi learned how to swim under water and sneak up on people. But since he is four years old and can't really swim it was more like he would go under water and try to move more than a foot then the person he was trying to scare would swim over to him and act surprised when he popped out of the water. He loved it, everyone else, not so much. Saul didn't seem too upset that we left him at the school with Betsy instead of going to the beach, which is good. All together it was a pretty well run school day. We also went to Spanish church tonight that was translated in English because we had visitors with us from New Jersey. I get a lot more out of sermons when they're in English, Weird right.  Quote of the day, "Being a missionary is the hardest job you'll ever love" -I don't remember where I first heard it.  

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to go to the beach too... but I hope that not letting Saúl into a van on Thursday because of the fighting in the van on Wednesday MAY have the desired effect - which would be obedience without fighting and crying and screaming. :-?

    ReplyDelete