Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 14

Today was the last day of VBS and the last school day with the group from New Jersey, so we secretly made them these certificates that say thank you so much for your help and we had all the kids sign them and Betsy put the kid's pictures on them. She also made one for me for helping out this semester, and its laminated, very nice of her. We acted out another parable today, and I was again the bad example. I have to find out what that's all about. In chapel today Saul was having trouble paying attention so I sat next to him to keep him in line, and at the end of the lesson he looks over at me and pokes me in the adam's apple and asked "whats that?". Surprised that he didn't know I told him that the other day I swallowed a rock and it got stuck! He gave me the funniest look ever, he signed "really!?" and ran over to tell Jen,  funny kid. After that one of the New Jersey volunteers painted the kids faces. Saul and Gaby got there faces painted like Leopards and of coarse had to spend the rest of the day pretending to be leopards and chasing the girls around. I noticed today that Gaby has a bunch of bites on his foot that he keeps scratching. Fire ant colonies pop up daily at the school and since I've had the most problems with them I am responsible for walking the grounds for new mounds and killing them with this sweet ant poison that works really well. These ants will probably kill me, I have so many bites! The number grows by the day, my entire right foot is covered in them. I feel like I'm going to pull a spider man except I'll turn into Antman... not nearly as cool. My super power will be working really hard till I die, kids will love it. As a reward for the two of you that read the entire post I'll end with a joke/quote. "I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I'm good at everything." -Demetri Martin

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the posts, everyone loves hearing about all that is going on! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Dad... are you sure you'd like to say that Betsy?
    P.S. thanks Dad love you too(but not Betsy, shes a girl).

    ReplyDelete