Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 23

Hurricane! But before I talk about that It has been brought to my attention that a large number of people have been reading my blog, and as our friendly neighborhood spider man always says with great power comes great responsibility. So with that I would like to take advantage of my readers, before reading on it would be greatly appreciated if you would pray for our ministry. Pray for the students we have now, the students that have graduated and the students God has yet to bring to our school. Pray for the families of the students, that they make come to now God the way that we do. Pray for our staff that God would give us wisdom and understanding and the energy to face what is to come. Please pray for the school in the area of finances as we face some recent challenges. We understand that prayer is an extremely powerful tool and is always appreciated. Thank you. Now about that hurricane, right now 8:44pm august 21st tropical storm Irene is rapidly approaching our island. Wind speeds are at 60mph now, it won't be considered a hurricane until it reaches 73mph, but it is expected to do so by the time it reaches the Dominican Republic. For the geography challenged that is right next to us and the storm's next destination after it passes over us. I'm excited, but at the same time sad, because school is cancelled tomorrow so I don't get to see the kids.  I'm sure the almost hurricane will find a way to distract me. Also we don't have the clips necessary to put up our storm shutters so I'm in for an interesting night. Betsy has also informed me that lots of water will be coming into my room through my fire escape. So I have a mop bucket and towels ready, oh joy. I went to a deaf church today and it was cancelled because of the storm so like two people were there so we just watched a video sermon in sign language. It was about finding joy in the hard times. I'll be thinking about it at three in the morning tonight when I'm mopping up the water in my dorm. OK the storms getting pretty bad and the power is cutting in and out so I'm going to post this before I can't... Quote! Really quick. "For the man sound of body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather; every day has its beauty, and storms which whip the blood do but make the pulse more vigorously." -George Gissing I guess he's never had a tree fall on his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment