Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 22

Where supposed to get a lot of work done on Saturdays but sometimes it just doesn't happen. For example, today! We got invited to go to a "water park" for free! Its not a real water park, its at a hotel and there are three slides... but it is the only water park in Puerto Rico and compared to the slide at the school, it was amazing! In all fairness I did have a really fun time and we got Betsy to go down the fast slide that your in the air for like 65% of the time your riding the slide. It was also our last full day with Laurieteel(one word) before she is voted off in tomorrow night's tribal council. Fair well my friend you will be missed. We had a lot of fun. We are very similar people from what I know about her, or as she would say we are kindred spirits[I guess its Canadian I don't know(shes from Canada)].  She did succeed in getting me and the rest of the school to go to an actual tea party. I was under the impression that those stopped happening at like 5 or 6, but she made cookies and lemonade so I guess it wasn't all bad. The kids definitely liked it and I guess that's all that matters. It was a good opportunity to teach them good table etiquette. I can't wait to see the look on Saul and Gaby's grandma's face when they stand up when she leaves the table at dinner, I don't even think your supposed to do that here, oh well. Anyway back to today. After the water park I went to the bio luminescent bay again but with a different group of people. I had to see it again! It was still really cool. I think today was far to relaxing, and it will be hard to make up for it in the next few days considering the tropical cyclone that is headed our way.  Speaking of storms I appreciate everyone's prayers but if you could all do me one huge favor and not pray that there will be no hurricanes this year. We REALLY like storms and I've haven't been in a hurricane yet(fingers crossed). That sounded bad. Either way I would like to post a quote in honor of Laurieteel's stay on the island.
 "Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and have her nonsense respected." -Charles Lamb

5 comments:

  1. Chris, knowing Laurieteel and learning about you through your blog I will agree - you are kindred spirits. And yes "Laurieteel" is one word and yes... it is a Canadian thing ;)
    We will be praying for safety through the storms - both the physical and spiritual ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane! I'm really going to miss Laurie. I didn't really get to say goodbye before she left today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindred Spirits never say goodbye for they are never truly parted.
    We will always have that last tube-slide run!
    Until we meet again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered this, a direct quote from Betsy's blog~

    "Today we had afternoon tea with the kids and anyone who was around. It was delightful!"
    ~Betsy Hoke

    Embrace the delightfulness of it Chris, hot tea can minister to your innermost being. Be open to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never! Tea is gross. I'll stick with coffee. But thank you for trying. Maybe I should get you to drink coffee.

    ReplyDelete