Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 24

The power went out last night in the storm and hasn't been back on for more than 2 minutes since then. Everything is a mess from the storm the roads were covered in debris. We lost a few trees on our property, some were just tipped over and there roots were pulled out of the ground. Others were just cracked in half right in the middle. By the way I  am righting this post in a notebook by candle light. The storm was still kind of happening today so we didn't get to do a lot of clean up. luckily there wasn't a whole lot of flooding so we weren't trapped at home. So I mentioned yesterday that the door to the outside in my room leaks water when it rains. Well, last night I put towels in front of the door and my window that lets some water in as well. So I woke up this morning at around 9:30(no alarm clock) and I was really excited about the storm so I jumped out of bed and ran to the window but before I could get there I just about tripped in a puddle of water that had collected on the ground in my room. I filled up an entire mop bucket with the small lake that had formed over night. It felt like "Where the Wild Things Are", I would have loved to take a ride across it in my PJ's.  I would love to see what the storm is doing right now but unless the worlds largest game of telephone make its way from Haiti, I'm just going to have to wait till the power comes back on. Or find a radio... Or I could get a  carrier pigeon to fly a message to America! Anyway that was my day, writing in the dark hurts my eyes. Quote! "Jesus" -Peter Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment