Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 25 August 23, 2011

Still no power. Leo woke me up this morning saying something about eggs and breakfast. I wasn't 100% sure since I had just woken up and I was very sleepy. So I got up and went to the kitchen and there were eggs and toast being cooked. I was very excited, we get to eat all the food because it will all go bad without power. We got a lot of work done today. Leo and wade cleaned up a lot of the random leaves that were all over the school and I got to play, I mean work with a chainsaw all day. First I chopped up a bush that was blown over, and no Dad neither of them have been the President. Then I chopped up the top of a tree that had broken off in the storm. After that I got to climb up into this huge tree and cut off branches that were too close to my dorm. These were not little branches either, these were huge branches that when I cut them off, the whole tree swung back and forth, so fun! Today wasn't all work though, we did get a beach run in to cool off. Can't miss out on those after storm waves. I miss electricity. I'm really hoping I don't have to wash all my clothes by hand.  I did get our generator running though, its not very big.We used it to run the freezer in the kitchen so all our meat wouldn't spoil. I think I'm going to steal it to run the laundry machine. I guess we are going to try to have school tomorrow. If there is power we will do a full day, if not we will try and send the kids home at lunch, we'll see how it goes. The End

No comments:

Post a Comment