Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 39

Great success! We freed the van today, and as you well know, freedom is not free. The hole people fought hard but in the end we won. After doing our best to push the van out, we(I) ended up digging out behind the tires and shoving wood planks underneath them. We were able to push the van out of the holes and away from the mud and the hill we would never be able to get up. So the van was then pointed at a relatively dry section of the hill so I drove towards the hill as fast as I could which ended up being like five miles an hour because the tires were slipping in the grass. Well as you can imagine the van didn't get very far up the hill before the tires were spinning in place. So we tried the wood plank technique again but it was not successful. So I took down the rope jungle gym that I made and used the rope to tie the stuck van to the other gigantic white van. Betsy was driving the van in the mud and I was driving the tow van and we pulled the van right up the hill! Then we drank sprite. While I was drinking my victory sprite I saw something moving across the courtyard so naturally I ran after it. Upon my approach I discovered it was a baby bird. It was old enough to escape capture for about seven minutes and but not old enough to fly more than a foot off the ground for 40 feet. It was also about a half a second from being eaten by Lily(dog). The bird is now in our custody and will be tomorrows pet of the day. Too bad we don't have a snake or it could have been pet of the day and lunch for Thaddeus which is what I will probably name the snake. Quite an interesting day, and all this happened after a full day of school including badminton practice. Quote, "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." -Aristotle

1 comment:

  1. i cannot watch the demise of Thistle the bird. he is so small. i hope he is not dead before morning. we should have given him a nest. or a blanket. his first night away from his mother... poor dear.

    WE (you) did good on that van removal business. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete