Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 41

Tropical storm Maria is headed straight for Luquillo Puerto Rico! Its not that dramatic though. The storm should be down to like 40mph by then. No big deal. Today is my little brothers 20th birthday! He's so old. 20 is a big number, he's not a teenager anymore. Anyway, for lunch today we had rice and beans with chicken, this is a very common dish in Puerto Rico and I love it! If people keep making this for me I am going to be fat, I ate so much of it today.  Also Tess made us all dinner which was so good! So I only had to make myself breakfast, well, and first lunch but most people only eat one lunch so I don't really count that. I was trying to store up some fat for the power outage after the hurricane on Saturday but now that its dying down I guess I don't need to. Bummer, I like over eating. Badminton today went very well. I played kristian and Larimar most of the time and they're getting good. I also forgot to wear actual shoes to the gym, I was just wearing flip flops. No big deal right, I'm just teaching the kids... wrong! The coach that volunteers for us could not understand that I could play badminton without tennis shoes on. He told me I need to wear real shoes, like I'm going to get hurt if I don't have enough ankle support. I'm standing in one spot hitting a 3 ounce birdy back and forth. How dangerous could it be? I should have told him what I do with a chainsaw, and I didn't wear shoes then either. It's just easier to climb the tree that way. Ok I'm done typing, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment