Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 48

No sign of the snake today, or the rain that was supposed to hit us all week. Oh well. I did some mowing today and the lawnmower is running perfectly. The kids are loving the rope swing that I made, which is good because I had to climb a palm tree to do it. Not easy. It has provided its share of injuries though. Today I was swinging Saul on it and he let go at the wrong time and did a belly flop on the grass, he didn't enjoy that I'm sure. Then I guess Kevin fell on it today I didn't see that. He has also earned some blisters on his hands from the rope. Interesting think happened today. I was in Betsy's class helping with her kids and one of her girls stopped participating and just did not look good so Betsy had her on her lap and was trying to comfort her but it didn't work. She threw up all over the place. Needless to say she spent the rest of the day with her mother. I was so tired today that after lunch I went in the chapel to take a nap before the kids came to practice the bells. I woke up and all the kids had come in and Betsy had them singing songs instead of playing the bells, so I could sleep. It was a much needed nap, since I was up late on Skype last night. We ended the day with a night beach trip. The beach is so much better in the dark. Tomorrow after school I intend on sleeping on the beach in Cabo Rojo which is all the way on the other side of the island. I'm very excited, but I might not blog tomorrow. I don't know that anyone will care haha. Good night all.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh you will be missed... I have enjoyed Puerto Rico through your eyes - except the snake part. :)

    ReplyDelete