Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 65

I understood so much of the Spanish at church today. Mostly because the speaker today is from Mexico, and that's what I'm used to living in California. School tomorrow, we only have a few more days with Betsy before she flies to visit her church. Me and Leo will be mostly responsible for her class while shes gone. That should be fun. Can't wait to see how Saul will act without the boss around. I also think that I'm taking Elizabeth's class tomorrow, or Tuesday or something. Well I guess I'll find out in the morning. It'll be a surprise. So today after church Lily, one of the dogs at the school, caught an iguana. I was called over to see what to do about it. I got over there and got the two and a half foot lizard from the dog. It wasn't moving except for it's eyes so I thought it best to put it put of its misery. I happened to have a dive knife on me so I put it through its thought hoping to hit the spinal cord but the skin was too tough and I couldn't move the blade anywhere. Despite missing the spinal cord I put a pretty big hole in the things neck but after I pulled the knife out of him he started moving. I had heard before that this things are impossible to kill but this was ridiculous. Elizabeth said to just let the dog finish it off because she is pretty good at it so I gave Lilly the 'go ahead' and she quickly took it away. Thinking that was the end of it I continued on with my day. At around 5:30 me and Betsy got back from a quick snorkeling trip at beach down the street and when we got out of the car Elizabeth was there and she said that Lilly has a hole in her said. Well I guess some time after I left the iguana got a hold of her side and took a chunk out of it. I'm sure she'll be fine but that is going to leave a pretty bad scare. She doesn't even seem to notice. She's running around chasing cars the same as she usually does. Who knows what happened to the iguana, the thing probably got away. They really are invincible.

2 comments:

  1. Con todo esta practica tu espanol sera fantastico en tres meses. Bien Hecho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Philip. I hope. I taught a class by myself today. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete