Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 2

Woke up today at 5:30 to watch the sun rise. I was not disappointed. After the sunrise I had a famous Puerto Rican Breakfast sandwich and it was so good! Then in the afternoon Betsy and I went for a snorkel. I made a new friend. I was swimming around when I noticed a very small, maybe inch and a half long fish that was following me around. I don't mean it was swimming behind me either. It was swimming right in front of my face! He stayed as close as he could to me the entire day of snorkeling. I even stood up for a while by the shore in about a foot of water and when I went back in he was still there. As we were about to exit the ocean we came across a school of fish hanging out in the shallows. They were getting pretty close to us so I grabbed one of them. I held it up to show Betsy then I let it go. Shortly after this I got the idea to catch and eat one of these guys. So I went to work trying to find the biggest one I could find to catch. As I was swimming threw the two feet of water I noticed something out of the corner of my I. I turned my head to see the biggest barracuda I had ever seen. Betsy saw it later and confirmed that it was definitely longer than my leg. We put our guess at a little over three feet. He swam right past me and looked me in the eyes. I was definitely worried about loosing appendages so I hurried my hunt. About 15min later I caught a good size fish, a little under a foot long, with just my hands I'll add. I took him home, cleaned him and eat him for lunch. He wasn't half bad. I noticed during lunch though that my back was sunburned pretty bad. I only realized later how bad. I definitely under estimated the Puerto Rican sun. I'll be paying for that the next few days. So not a bad day though in total. I've caught fish with my bare hands before but I've never ended up eating them 20min. later. That's about as fresh as it gets! Tomorrow we go to the zoo and I see all the kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment