Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 9

I'm getting the hang of this dorm thing. Today went a little smoother. Juan still cried when he had to go to sleep but maybe that's his thing. I'll work on it. Today an entirely new group of people showed up after lunch. I don't know if any of our people expected them. I guess the fantastic 14 made it happen. They were all from Florida and had a whole skit planned out. It was good. Then, after that, there were games, with prizes! all the kids had a great time. They were a good group. It was too bad they had to leave after only a few hours. They're kind of a traveling show. Saúl got his face painted like spider man! It was really cool. He loves getting his face painted! He ran around shooting imaginary webs from his wrists and swinging from a rope that was tied to the top of a palm tree; very fun. Then tonight Dave, the leader of the 14, and I led a giant group of people to the beach! Dave was not too hot on beaching in the dark so when the sun was gone so was he. My car hung around a little longer. The best way to end your day is with a warm beach then a nice cold shower. Then hours of trying to get someone else's child ready for bed and off to sleep. I'm learning so many things!

2 comments:

  1. learning is so good. I am sure Juan is learning how interesting sleepovers may be if we can work it out for the fall semester. Thanks for being the point man on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Rachel's mom (one of the fantastic 14) I found your blog from ESD's fb page and I just want to say that I've really enjoyed reading about my daughter's mission trip from a different point of view. ;) You make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete