Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 15

We had plans today to go to Old San Juan and look at the forts and the shops so I woke up an hour early to cut some grass but we were out off gas. So I went and got some. It took surprisingly long. By the time I got back it was time to go. Old San Juan was pretty fun. We went inside this huge maize of a fort and when we got on top it was pouring rain, and we got completely soaked. During the height of the storm we were in one of the corners of the fort on top in a small room with the panoramic slit that they used to shoot cannons out of, and lightning struck like right next to us! Like no delay between lightning and thunder. It was so loud it hurt my ears and I think it even scared Leo a little and he's deaf. It was pretty cool. An hour later it had stopped raining and was hot again. It was a fun trip. After Old San Juan we went swimming at an even bigger pool than we normally swim at. That was pretty fun. I beat Leo and Wade in a race in the pool and I was swimming breaststroke and they were swimming regular. It was fun. And then after dinner we went to the beach in the dark, that was cool. I got bit or stung by something, probably a really small jelly fish. Also right as we were leaving I was something glow in the water so I stopped to look and it. It was floating in the water and would flash green for a second and then wait about twenty seconds then flash again. There is an algae here that glows so that's our best guess. Fun day, unproductive, but fun.
"I don't talk to people like me" - Laurie Teal 

No comments:

Post a Comment