Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 16

Interesting day today. I went to a new church with Tess, who works at the school, her brother Wade, and Leo. Well this church was all in Spanish. So Tess had to translate the Spanish to English. She is very smart, English is her first language but she speaks Spanish very well, she actually goes to a college in Puerto Rico that is taught in Spanish  So we were very fortunate to have her as a translator. The only problem was that she doesn't know enough Sign Language to translate into English and Sign Language at the same time for Leo. So our solution was to have Tess translate the Spanish to English for me and Wade, then I wrote down what Tess told we for Leo. As I was righting faster than I've probably ever had to right hoping that my hand didn't cramp Leo grabs the pen and Writes "Now you know how I feel always having to write to talk". After that interesting experience we had lunch with the congregation and found out that the church had a beach trip planed that day so we decided to go with, good decision. Best beach trip ever. Brought goggles and me and Leo swam all the way out to the coral and looked at all the cool fish. I tried to swim over some coral that had about a foot and a half of water over it but a wave came when I was right in the middle of it, surrounded by sea urchin(those little spiky balls). I tried to escape but the water reseeded just before I could and I got stabbed in the leg by a sea urchin, I almost died. OK not really but it hurt and my leg was really sore, and I read that if you get to many stings they can be deadly so I barely escaped with my life today. After my near death experience a member of the church was nice enough to let us use his kayak. So me and Leo paddle out to check out the endless coral that was to shallow to see from the water. It was so cool, great experience and after we got tired of the coral we rode the waves in the kayak. Oh, and we also capture a sea urchin because I needed to see my attacker up close so after a lot of hard work we got one of them out of its hiding spot, and I held it and he crawled on my hand(really slowly) and I named him Earl the urchin. Then we put him back. When we got home Tess and Wade treated everyone to cake and ice cream. Weekends are nice. Random fact! For every one day an egg is left at room temperature its expiration date moves back seven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment