Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 17

Monday! Today is the first day of actual school where the kids have to learn. I started my day with a boys devotional with some students. After the devotional I made breakfast for some of the kids who don't have breakfast at home so they come to school hungry(please pray for them and their families). Then I made a tire swing! We are looking for something to put on the tire so it doesn't put black marks on the kids clothes. Ideas? Please comment. Then after school me and Leo tried to put together a quick beach trip to go snorkeling but nobody wanted to go so we went by ourselves. We wanted to go to a new beach that Leo had heard about but he didn't know where it was, and since we're boys we didn't ask for directions we just took out the map and went for it. After a few wrong turns we had just about made it to the beach when the van died! It had over heated and there was steam and smoke coming out from under the hood. So we rolled the car to the side of the road and opened her up. The coolant was empty! I guess that there was a leak in a hose going to the radiator so within a week the coolant went from full to empty. So we called Betsy and she came to save us. Me and Leo were having a good time of it though. We took pictures of each other with the broken car Betsy is a champ! The things she puts up with in a day are crazy and shes always smiling. Well the van is at the shop getting fixed so lets hope that goes well. No beach but it was still fun. Also while I was researching solar panels for the school it started pouring rain so I went outside and took a shower with the frogs. Random fact! There are two credit cards for every person in the United States. 

2 comments:

  1. I searched the internet for an answer to your tire swing question, here's the best I got:

    Clean the tire with a trip to the car wash and a good squirt with the power sprayer. At home a solution of one part bleach to three parts water used on the tire with the help of an old scrub brush will strip of any possibly harmful deposits.

    I bet if you do that then maybe Kim's paint suggestion, it will be pretty good.

    Loving this blog! It's number one on my iPad's bookmarks bar! (Don't tell Karly, her blog is number 2)

    ReplyDelete