Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 18

Well the van is pretty bad. It blew a gasket, it has a huge leak in one of the coolant hoses, and there is coolant in the engine where the oil should be... so ya pretty bad. At this point the mechanic has to decide if its cheaper to try and fix or to just replace the engine. Either way it will be expensive but God will provide. School went very well today. There were no fights, nobody was was bitten, and as far as I saw there was no licking of markers. A few of us had plans to go snorkeling today but the water was too rough from the storm that's passing through. So we played in the huge waves, great fun. The swing is still broken, my dorm is a mess, and the lawns need to be mowed, I have a lot of work to do tomorrow. There is also a hole in Betsy's roof that needs to be patched and I need to seal the rain gutters all threw out the school, and I don't get out of school till around two. Oh ya and I need to find something to put on that tire. As of today I believe our school is signed up for a bad mitten, I'm not sure a lot of the kids even know what bad mitten is. Well we have three weeks to train and I think we are playing again visually impaired kids. I think whoever was in charge of matching up teams doesn't really understand disabilities.  I guess I am also signed up to play the guitar for something before Christmas, I don't know, I'm just along for the ride.
"God creates out of nothing. Therefore until a man is nothing, God can make nothing out of him." -Martin Luther

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    We read your blog posts every night around the camp fire. It's not the same as having you here with us but everyone enjoys hearing from you. Grandma Fay suggested duct tape around the tire ti keep black from rubbing off. Kim suggested white paint. We are praying for you and can't wait to see you.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. use the packaging tape method that Elizabeth used on the students' bodies last year.

    ReplyDelete