Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 28

Ahhh, Friday. Here at last. I'm conditioned to like Fridays... It really means nothing to me here. Another day, another storm. So last night I woke up at around 10pm in a Nyquil stupor wondering what was going on because people were screaming and I could hear a few large vehicles outside my window, it took me a good ten seconds to realize that my light was on and the fans were running, then I noticed the trucks outside were from the electric company, which lead me to realize that the screaming people were happy, cause the power. Sweet, I set my clock, then my alarm and went back to bed. Now that there was electricity I was very optimistic about students coming to school so I woke up, got ready and went down stairs but again there was only one student. Even after I told Keven personally that we were having school even he didn't show up. Sad day. I spent my morning chopping trees in the back field until I was seconds from heat stroke, then I went back to bed. I woke up just in time for lunch. After lunch I made an unfortunate discovery. I took my afternoon dose of Dayquil and went to wash out the cup but no water came out of the sink! So I ran from sink to sink turning them on with the same result! My worst nightmares were being realized. No water. "In hot conditions (such as Puerto Rico) Dehydration can set in within and hour"-Discovery fit and health. I'm probably going to die... "In severe heat, an adult can lose as much as 1.5 liters of water through sweat alone"-Scientific American Luckily the school has an emergency water supply on the roof. You can't drink it though. It's been sitting there for a long time. So I can take showers, maybe I'll smell good at my funeral. No way. I'm being cremated, did you no that in America when you are berried your body is first pumped full of preservatives. That was unrelated, anyway I volunteered my tree climbing and chainsaw wielding skills to Betsy's church tomorrow. I'm going alone and they only have like one person who speaks English, awesome sauce. I will communicate threw my skills with a chainsaw, or interpretive dance, whichever I'm feelin at the time. Congratulations you made it to the end of my post, you will now receive a random fact, because learning is good. The first couple to be shown on a sitcom sleeping in the same bed was "Mary Kay and Johnny", gross. The wee lads probably won't get that one.

4 comments:

  1. We are so glad to hear you finally got your power back! I'd recommend driving down to the local Starbucks before you die of dehydration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee will not help dehydration father...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not help with hydration but it sure will taste good!!!
    Interpretive dance with a chainsaw - could Elizabeth get you on video doing that?
    Annnd... my I have YOUR permission to use "awesome sauce"? That's a good one :)

    ReplyDelete