Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 30

At the expense of yesterday's post, I learned an important lesson about the order in which I should end my day. Blog THEN Nyquil not the other way around. I read last night's post today and, anyway that explains that. Today was Sunday, and me and Jen drove through the craziest storm on the way to church. When we left it was bright and sunny then out of nowhere this crazy storm with thunder and lightning and so much rain that we could hardly see hit us and everyone was driving all slow with their hazard lights on and then as quickly as it started it was gone, bright and sunny. Never a dull drive in Puerto Rico.  The sermon was really good today. There is a lady at my church who responded to one of my posts about some of the students not getting breakfast, by donating food to the school and thanks to her I will be making egg omelets for a few of the kids this week! She also included coffee cake. It will be much appreciated.  After church I finally had the opportunity to restock my perishable food items, so I just finished a bowl of cereal. It's the little things in life. After I got home from shopping this after noon I took a nap on my couch but did not set an alarm. I slept for about four hours, here in Luquillo we take that day of rest thing seriously. Maybe all the sleep will help me get over this cold so I can help in school tomorrow, after I mow the lawns of course. Something interesting, Gallaudet University estimates that there are as many as 40,000 deaf individuals and that there are indications that even that number is an underestimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment