Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 31

31 is a big number. Today is Monday, and the kids were back in school! Special thanks to Hector for coming over this morning and cutting the grass! It gave me an opportunity to dig up a pipe by the chapel that is broken. It should be an easy fix, famous last words. With plumbing I never let my guard down. Well I didn't get far on that project before Saul needed help with math. There is nothing harder than getting that child to do math, even plumbing. Also today was the first day of badminton training! I'm so excited. We basically get two weeks to teach our kids to play this sport and then they will either play in a tournament or a single game but at some point we are playing a team of visually impaired kids. As you can tell I'm not so clear on all the details. Either way today we went to the gym where we had planned to meet with a guy who is going to teach our kids this obscure sport. Well, he didn't show up. I'm not worried though. It seems like a pretty straight forward game and the fewer days that our kids are swinging around metal rackets the lower the chances of Saul hurting someone. Come on, that kid is dangerous enough with his bare hands and now we're providing him weapons. It should be interesting though, I'll have my first aid kit ready. Today was also significant because it is Wade's last day(Tess' brother). So after school we went to subway and had a picnic on the beach. Where he is from, Neverland, they don't have beaches so he was very upset with the salt content of the ocean.  I think he was trying to drink it I don't know. Anyway, pretty busy day, lots of fun. The kids were very excited to be back and did very well for the most part, focusing on there work. Juan Jose was on it today! He has made amazing progress, he's a good kid. Well, quote, my Mom sent me this one. "Most of my struggles in the Christian life circle around the same two themes: why God doesn't act the way we want God to, and why I don't act the way God wants me to. Prayer is the precise point where those themes converge." -Philip Yancey  I like it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the post, miss you Chris. I'm glad all is well, I love being able to read about your adventure for God. Seems like you are really in your element.

    Nate

    ReplyDelete