Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 36

I was reminded that I did not say whether or not Leo will be staying at ESD till May. Well he is. So there is less man work for me. This is very good because there is still a lot of chainsawing to do. I'm glad I got the lawns done because on Monday Betsy's church is going to come to the school for a BBQ type gathering, I really don't know what to call it, but they are coming because its a holiday and there is no school. It should be fun, there are like two English speakers in that group so I will have the exciting opportunity to work on my Spanish. Today I had my first kiosk experience, kiosk number 36. They have American food and the owner is from Ohio, I think its Ohio, anyway she's from America. I had a Mega-Grilled Cheese Sandwich, and while you might think that this would be a really well done grilled cheese sandwich it is actually just a really big grilled cheese sandwich. I got it because it wasn't spicy, I can't handle spicy food. It was so good! I also got onion rings which were actually too spicy, I know I have a problem, but they were still good.  For those of you who don't know, I am referring to the famous Luquillo kiosks, they're just a line of like 60 restaurants all in a row.  I can't wait to show my visitors in October. I also slept in today, weird. Its over! Fun fact: It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech. Just in case you didn't like the post at least you learned something.

2 comments:

  1. Here is a little secret: If they took you to kiosk 36 then you are not getting voted off the island in the very near future ;)

    If you don't like spicy ... can you handle fried? If so, and if you haven't already, try some toastonies or a pizza empanade (I believe that is what it is called). You should be able to find them at one of the other kiosks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had them both and they are sooo good!

    ReplyDelete