Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 52

It has been raining on and off all day so I couldn't mow. At about 6pm the rain picked up and it has been coming down hard ever since then. Kioney, Saul and Gaby didn't come to school today because there grandmother's car broke down, so Jen will be picking them up in the morning tomorrow. Day 1 of no caffeine, I was so tired this morning that I took a nap like an hour after I woke up, pathetic. I so excited for tomorrow, I get to withdrawal off caffeine. Anyway if it rains like this all night we wont have school. I forgot to put the aquarium out until the almost 7pm and I'm sure we got an inch of rain in the hour before alone. The lightning has been great, we had thunder today that was hurting my ears, very cool. I will post the rainfall tomorrow along with the updates on my uphill battle against caffeine, that is unless I get my own HBO special by then, "Chris Tingley, overcoming addiction". Ok I know its just caffeine and I may seem a little over dramatic but when you drink the stuff everyday your body gets used to having it. I'm so glad there weren't any energy drinks at the store today, Leo had plans to buy my favorite one and put it in the fridge to try to get me to break and drink it. Something interesting; Caffeine is found in varying quantities in the seeds, leaves, and fruit of some plants where it acts as a natural pesticide that paralyzes and kills certain insects feeding on the plant.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great posts! I too appreciate your quote of the day. I have tried to catch you on Skype the last 3 days but haven't been able to get through. Perhaps its the rain, or maybe the lack of caffeine! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete