Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 54

54 days on this patch of sand in the middle of the ocean, that's a year and 13 days in dog years. I put the chainsaw to work again today. I went down to the lower field and cut down a tree that was leaning over the grass and blocking the lawn mower. I was so covered in mud! I wish I had a picture. Just before I had a heat stroke Betsy talked me into procrastinating and cleaning up the rest of the tree tomorrow. I've always been into surviving so I gave in. We took the girls that are staying at the school and their parents, also staying with us, to the beach. Betsy, Leo and I went snorkeling. We saw the biggest crab I have ever seen. This thing was hug. I tried to catch it but it got all upset, crabs can be a little edgy, and he jumped off the coral and sank to the bottom. I'm so mad I didn't just grab him when I had the chance. I could have had fresh crab for dinner tonight. I will always remember this as the day I almost caught captain jack crab. I expected better from me. We will meet again captain crab. After the beach I swallowed my regrets and went to church with Betsy and Elizabeth. Wednesday night church we are learning about revelations, and if you think that book is confusing in your first language it gets exponentially worse in your second and third. I understood the message for the most part so that's what counts. So I mentioned that Leo and I had a bet about quitting caffeine. Well I originally thought that I was quitting caffeine and he was quitting soda, but it turns out all I have to quit is Monsters. He says that I can have all the caffeine I want because that wasn't the challenge. Whatever sounds good to me. I don't have a monster(its an energy drink) addiction I have a caffeine addiction. So that should be easy enough. I don't like bumper stickers but if you must get one at least make it a good one, here are some ideas.
"Consciousness: That annoying time between naps"
"Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math"
"I love animals, they taste great"
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot"
"Eschew obfuscation"
"Meat is murder... tasty tasty murder"

No comments:

Post a Comment