Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 55

Larry
So there are two little girls dorming at the school, and their parents as I mentioned yesterday. Well their dad is a champ. He has been here all of 4 days and he is close to being finished ripping all the vines down off the fence that surrounds the school, and he cut the grass in the field were the trees are. This is absolutely impossible to do with a lawn mower because the holes are deeper than the mud and have been filled with water for a week. Seriously you can be walking out there and the next thing you know the better half of your right leg is underwater. Well anyway he went back there with a edger, trimmer, weed whacker or whatever people call them where you happen to be from, and just went at the grass with it. It looks amazing down there. You can almost see the holes when you fall into them. Betsy said that one time they had someone come with a dump truck and they filled all the holes with gravel and dirt and it only lasted three years. How does gravel just disappear? The answer is simple, a tribe of little people who dig holes! Hole people! So anyway this guy has shown me how this school is supposed to look so all I need to do now is maintain. It'll be a full time job, but someone's gotta do it. So the picture is of one of six lizards that were just hanging out on me in the field today. It was crazy, I cut down this tree and after we cleaned it all up there were like eight lizards on the stump catching bugs. I wanted to catch one so I went for one of the bigger ones and it just jumped off the stump and onto my arm. I continued to do this until I had almost all of them on me. I don't know maybe lizards just like me. They seemed pretty content to just stay on my and it the little bugs that were flying around. I eventually had to shew them off of me and the biggest one bit my finger. Why is it that I can catch all the snake food in Puerto Rico but I can't catch a snake? It would be so well fed, really if the snakes were smart they would find me. Sounds like a pretty nice life really. Bumper sticker: JESUS SAVES, he passes to Noah, who shoots and SCORES!! Be alert, the world needs more lerts.

2 comments:

  1. those crazy stone eating hole people once again appear to astound us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick with the lizards ... they make better pets. AND my personal theory on why you can not find a snake in PR is because there are none :)

    ReplyDelete