Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 67

I taught Elizabeth's class today. It went pretty well. Then after lunch Betsy, Kevin, Kristian, and myself managed to mow almost all of the lawns before badminton. I was forced to stop when the lawn mower broke. I didn't really have time to fix it so I guess another day. Then I took the kids to badminton but there was nobody there. I hate when that happens. I named the snake. I'm calling him Bo. Two reasons. I'm pretty sure he's a Boa, and his full name is Bozidar which, in the Czech Republic means gift from God, I think. If you don't like it sweet, don't call him that. I gave him another lizard bigger than the one from yesterday and he made quick work of it. The kids really don't seem that excited by it. We tried to watch him eat the lizard but he waited until we gave up and left before he ate it. Still a little scared of people. He is learning me already though. When I hold him now he will rap his tail around one of my fingers and relax instead of constantly trying to escape. Also after hours of search and research I discovered that my snake is most likely a Puerto Rican Racer. Very interesting snake. The dogs caught another iguana. I found them playing tug-of-war with it. Not surprisingly the iguana was just fine so I distracted the dogs and threw it on top of a building next to a tree it could climb down later.

No comments:

Post a Comment