Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 79

Today was a really long day. I just thought about how I went to the beach to watch the sunrise this morning at 5:30, and that feels like it could have been 5 days ago. I could be because I woke up three times today. It all started when I couldn't sleep last night, then I went to the beach after like three hours of sleep. After the beach I went back to sleep and napped till church started. Those are the first two times I woke up today. Then after church and lunch, which I can't imagine was today it feels more like last week, I inadvertently fell asleep sitting on Betsy's couch. I was there because I was going to play Othello with Betsy, and then an hour and a half later she woke me up because she was leaving for night church. She goes really early to teach piano lessons. At the time I thought that I only closed my eyes for maybe five minutes. Later, after church we were all talking and Betsy informed me how long I had actually slept. That's the thing about Puerto Rico, an hour and a half could just vanish from your day and you would never notice. Or maybe its just me. So all that sleeping has really thrown off my schedule but I think I eventually made up for the bad nights sleep of last night. Tomorrow is Monday, I can't wait to see the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment