Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 102

Every day, after chapel I have devotions with the older boys. Recently I have been staying after to learn vocab with Kevin and Kristian. I've found that I learn a lot of new words in ASL during this time. After vocab was finished I was responsible for Saul during math time. Well I tried to start after play time but he wasn't finish playing and decided that he wasn't going to work. That decision led to a half hour of craziness. Not so fun. After about twenty minutes I got him to the point were he could sit in the time out chair without being told to do so every four seconds. My main goal for this temper tantrum was to get him to explain why he didn't want to work and to reason with his teacher before completely loosing it. We got pretty close to that, I got him at least talking and before long laughing. He was of coarse still punished for his disobedience despite the positive resolution. I wanted him to explain himself a little more than he did but there is always next time. After school Leo Kevin and I went to the beach because the waves were still reaching a good twelve feet. We had a great time, no major injuries sustained. The beach never gets old.

1 comment: