Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 107

Today started with deaf church. Always good. Then after church Betsy, Leo and myself headed over to the airport, which is conveniently close to church, to pick up the lady that I mentioned yesterday. She employs a number of deaf individuals and helps struggling small businesses as well as churches to raise funds and to become stronger financially. She is a very accomplished individual. She seems to be able to hold her own in three languages that I have seen. I'm excited to see what God has planned for her stay at the school. She also seems very interested in Puerto Rican culture with regards to the deaf community and their employment opportunities. She went to church with us tonight which is in Spanish and she seemed to understand everything pretty well. She also knows Sign Language which she learned from a friend I guess. I am going to be working tomorrow from sun up till sun down. At least I hope so, I have a lot of things I want to get done. Mow the lawns, pressure wash the roof of my building, dig up a giant plant that is blocking a drain by the car port, apply roof sealer to my rain gutters and to the leak on Betsy's roof. Sounds like an action packed day of fun to me. Anyway, here's a quote which will soon be very real to me as I am unemployed, haha enjoy. 
"All our fears are wicked, and we fear because we will not nourish ourselves in our faith. How can any one who is identified with Jesus Christ suffer from doubt or fear!" -Oswald Chambers
The man knows what he's talking about. 

3 comments:

  1. hey man i just wanted to leave a comment since i usually just read these posts (i thoroughly enjoy them!) without commenting (lately i just never have anything clever to say i guess haha) and also since i'm "officially" following this blog now, i figured now might be an appropriate time haha. and i like the quote at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh! Thanks for reading, and for following. Sorry if I'm not very interesting most of the time haha. Can't wait to hang out with you and everyone again.

    ReplyDelete